Boss metal Zone buzzy conundrum???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss metal Zone buzzy conundrum???

If I had one pedal that worked on other amps but not on one specific amp, I'd think that it's the amp's fault. Could be the fuzziness is too much treble EQ?
    My Music Page
    Originally posted by vinterland
    I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
    Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

No, don't sell the amp, sell the pedal. Playing a Metal Zone through an MG makes sense since they're both crap IMHO. The MG series doesn't deserve the badge they wear. I've heard much better SS Marshalls than those things.

Did you ever get the Bad Monkey? That would sound 100 times better through the Valvestate. Just back off the gain on the amp a bit and then slam it with the Bad Monkey. Mess with the settings a tiny bit at a time to find your sweet spot. Just the BM and the amp, no other pedals.

Not everyone's tone is plug-n-play = sound great. Sometimes it takes time by sitting and fiddling with the controls.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
        No, don't sell the amp, sell the pedal. Playing a Metal Zone through an MG makes sense since they're both crap IMHO. The MG series doesn't deserve the badge they wear. I've heard much better SS Marshalls than those things.

Did you ever get the Bad Monkey? That would sound 100 times better through the Valvestate. Just back off the gain on the amp a bit and then slam it with the Bad Monkey. Mess with the settings a tiny bit at a time to find your sweet spot. Just the BM and the amp, no other pedals.

Not everyone's tone is plug-n-play = sound great. Sometimes it takes time by sitting and fiddling with the controls.
        yeah i did get the bad monkey. i have kinda tried what you suggested already, maybe i'll just tinker about some more and see what i can do
        Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
        Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
        Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Comment

Here is my own demo of the Boss Metal zone

Comment

I replied in one of the 4 Mt-2 threads that a buddy of mine makes his sound very good through a classic 30. As for the bandit: a band that I loved when I was a teenager used to use metal-zones through bandits live and they always sounded very good. didn't use much gain and it sounded very very good too.

I believe that this pedal is quite dependent on the amp it's played through. Also, much of its bad name comes from folks who didn't stop and try to make it sound good through their set-up or didn't have it paired with the right amp.

Do I miss mine? Nope. Still, I've heard people (a select few) make good music with good tone with it.

Comment

like all pedals, whether it sounds good or not is amp specific.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I think it's best used into a clean channel with a lot of headroom.

Comment

Why would you need to use a MZ with a Valvestate anyway?????

And the MZ is known for buzz…what did you expect.

Old thread is old.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                  X