Pickups/Digital stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups/Digital stuff

I've heard things back and forth about whether high or low output pickups are better with digital and modeling stuff... Which works better in your experience?
    Just for reference when I say 'low' I mean 59/C5 and when I say 'high' I mean JB(n)/DD

Re: Pickups/Digital stuff

The first guitar that I "Duncanized", I did using the 59/C5 combo. I use it with a Johnson J-Station. I've been fighting an apparent input-overload problem ever since. The odd thing is, there are other folks over at the J-Station forum who are using hotter p'ups than me who don't seem to be having the same problem. Some are even using OD pedals.

So . . . this question may not have a simple answer. BTW - I have two J's, and they both react the same.

Comment

theres a lot of guys who swear actives like EMG are the best way to go because of a clear signal path

i had a problem of "overloading" possibly on my RP 100 (digitech) when my gordon smith replaced my squier strat.

as for my line 6 gear, i get no problems with my gordon smith or the custom pup i have which is semi hot.

a lot of bands use EMG into line 6 and have no problems
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I have used emg, dimarzio, fender, and SD's with my digitech GNX3 and a POD 2.0 with no problems at all. I didn't find that it made a big difference if the pup was high or low output.

Comment

Working...
        X