No announcement yet.

Whats wrong with my 59 neck wiring!!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with my 59 neck wiring!!!??

hey guys. recently bought an epiphone les paul classic and decided seymour duncan 59s wud do the job for me. the bridge was delivered first and that went in fine with the ground insulating wire soldered onto the top of the tone pot and the signal wire into the far left hole of the volume pot. and it works perfectly fine there and its installed the same way the original epiphone bridge pup woz installed. then the neck pickup came, same insulating groud wire on the outside with the signal wire running though the inside of that.
    now the original epiphone neck pup woz installed with the ground wire soldered onto the top of the VOLUME pot,and the signal runnin into the far left hole of the same VOLUME pot. so the BRIDGE pup woz soldered in with the ground wire onto the top of the TONE pot and the signal into the VOLUME pot far left hole (yes i have soldered it into the rite volume and tone pots), yet the NECK pup woz installed with the ground onto the top of the VOLUME pot not the TONE pot and the signal running into the far left hole of the VOLUME pot, so nothing runnin into the neck tone pot. and the original epiphone pup worked fine this way. ive put the seymour duncan neck in the same way and yet the out put is about 80% less than expected volume wise i have to turn the amp up a fair way to hear it at all,when i switch to the bridge its fine loud and clear. and the tone and volume controls for the bridge seem 2 control the neck pup when switch to just the neck pup!! should i solder the ground wire from the neck pup onto the top of the TONE pot so its basically mirroring the way the bridge pickup is installed? If you don’t fully understand me cud you just tell me how you installed your 59 neck pup plz like which pot the ground went to and where the signal went.

i know its confusing but if anyone understands it would be so helpful! thanx guys

Re: Whats wrong with my 59 neck wiring!!!??

If all the tops of the pots are conectec everything it is fine. It is possible that you overheated the pot triying to solde the ground conevtion?

Comment

Re: Whats wrong with my 59 neck wiring!!!??

damn yea i thought i mite of buggered the pot cuz it gets so hot,ahh well ill take one of the other crappy les paul. cheers mate

Comment

Working...
      X