Need a single coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a single coil

I Need a new single coil for the middle of an RG 570. It will be going between a C5 and a 59b in the neck. Im considering a Cool Rails or maybe a Quarter Pound. Ive not heard either of these so Im not leaning either way. Im open to any other suggestions. Ive been using a Bill Lawrence 250HP and it sounds great but quit working.
    Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Need a single coil

i think Robert S. has a JB mid in his RG but he'll correct me if im wrong.
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

What do you run? Im prob gonna stick with a single coil so that I can get those in between sounds..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

yeah rob runs a jb jr

i think a qp would be a cool tone, but if you go cool rails youll be hum free in all positions. what sound do you want, what do you play on the middle ?

Comment

cool rails is always good in a hsh because its not to much of a drop in output its sweet sounding and its hum free.
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
            cool rails is always good in a hsh because its not to much of a drop in output its sweet sounding and its hum free.
            As a second choice why not a classic stack...
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Ive never used the cool rails but hear good things. I mainly use this axe for my drop D as I have a DTuna on it.. middl pup will be mainly just for different sounds. I cover ALOT of ground with the C5 and 59b.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X