Bought & had JB installed, have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought & had JB installed, have a question

also, someone emailed me that the JB isn't supposed to go up any further than a quarter inch from the strings..but i mean i dont have any complaints about my tone..im just saying it wont go up any further..but where it is it sounds fine, i was just tryin to see if i could get it to sound even better..its an amazing pickup imo, really great tone but still beefy and thick

Comment

bump

Comment

it seems it's missing the moutning ring..either i neglected to give them one or they neglected to install it..but hopefully it won't seriously damage the guitar and/or the pickup by installing it without a mounting ring..

Comment

glad you like the sound

on your sg youll need to take the pick guard off to see why the pup wont go up anymore. its possible that the springs are compressed all the way. if you dont feel comfortable doing it, id bring it back to the shop that installed it and have them help ya

Comment

yeah but more importantly, its missing a mounting ring..

Comment

with your sg you dont have or need one. the pup attaches to the pick guard. my sg had a much smaller guard and rings, like the '61 ri, sorry i just wasnt thinking.

Comment

So i don't need a ring for a 2004 standard SG? ok thats cool, so the only thing i can see thats preventing me raising it IS the wiring tahts touching on the bridge site..with the felty material covering it..its bumping the pick guard and i think thats whats preventing me from raising it..quick fix, or professional assistance needed? thans

Comment

So i do or don't need a ring for the SG? i didnt think i did, but im not positive

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

bump...whats the recommended height on the treble side from the strings to the top of the pickup..my bridge is around 4/16" approximately..but my treble side might be too low/too high..thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X