pup ideas for 2nd wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pup ideas for 2nd wolf

I have one wolfgang special that is going to end up with a PG set in it. I am getting a 2nd wolf and want it to have a different sound. I was thinking mabye a custom tb5 and a jazz but am open to other suggestions.

Re: pup ideas for 2nd wolf

How about a pair of Distortions.

What kind of music are youplanning on playing? Which amp?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I will be using the guitars to record more songs for my Internet band JokerSaints that I do with a friend of mine, that I have never met *grin* I have a link to the band web page in my profile. As far as amps go I am using a Digitech GNX3 to record with and have recently picked up a Tech21 trademark 10. I am looking for something that will complement the PG loaded wolf when doubling up rhythm guitars and so on.

Comment

What about a JB and APH-1 neck??

Comment

Blues Trembucker bridge, Alnico II Pro neck. I've used that combo in my Wolfgang before with excellent results.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a jazz in the neck, and either a JB or a Custom in the bridge. I am wondering if I'm going to need to change out the single volume pot to a 250k or not. I don't want to have one guitar be extremly bright and one dark when using the same amp settings.

Comment

Get an tone zone in the bridge and air norton in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1974
                Get an tone zone in the bridge and air norton in the neck.
                make that a air zone,the tone zone is not very good at all the air version at least has "TONE"
                many use the air zone/air norton set in thier wolfs and are very happy.
                i prefer duncans overall for ANY GUITAR.
                any of the customs should be great in a wolf from what i have heard

Comment

Just go with the 500k till you've swapped them. You'll find out soon enough if you need to drop to a 250k or not. If you get the JB i would count on it.
                  boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
                  X