Pickups in a ibanez gax 70 gio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups in a ibanez gax 70 gio

I want to put in a seymour duncan livewire metal in the bridge, and a seymour duncan pearly gates in the neck. Do you think it will sound any good. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Pickups in a ibanez gax 70 gio

welcome to the forum!!!

combining a livewire and a pearly gates probably isnt the best idea since the livewire is active and the pg is passive. if you are looking for a good set with similar tones, try a sh6b distortion bridge with the pearly gates neck. youll still get a great crunchy hot tone from the bridge but you wont have to worry about having a battery and the impedance issues that mixing passives and actives cause.

on that guitar it would be possible to mix the livewire and the pg since they have seperate controls but i think youre better off sticking with one or the other. a distortion/pg combo will be a HUGE improvement over the stock powersound crap that comes stock. i used to have a gax70 and with a good set of pups it can be a very cool guitar.

Comment

I really like the sound of dimebag darrels guitar, how could i get his powerful sound.

Comment

get a dimebucker for the bridge.

your guitar and his are quite different but with a dimebucker in the bridge and the right amp you should be able to get where ya want to be

Comment

is there any alternative in chosing a pickup because i only have about 135$ canadian?

Comment

Captain welcome aboard matey! I have the same GAX70 and I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Full Shred in the neck. Plenty of crunch from the bridge and the neck is smooth and clear. Very versatile axe compared to stock with those crappy powersounds.

Comment

Working...
            X