Distortion Bridge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion Bridge...

Installed a DDb today...it has some pros and cons for me personally.

I think I like my Custom better.

It sounds great clean, it sounds great distorted (great bottom end punch for distortion). I had a hard time hearing a significant difference split (is it just me?) Basically sounded like the bottom fell out.

It's pretty good, but I think I may soon switch back to my Custom. And maybe sell off my DDn while I'm at it, because it just doesn't seem to combine well with anything.

I still haven't tried the PGn.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: Distortion Bridge...

I've tried the Distortion pup in my McCarty but wasnt to crazy about it, I still prefer the Custom 5 over the others I tried. The C5 seems to work well in a wider variety of styles of music it also splits well.

Comment

I've already sold my Distortion set. That didn't take long!

I'm thinking of getting an APH-1n. I want something that can give me the flexibility of a vintage style pup, but can give me some thick distorted tones as well with the tone rolled off.
      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.

Comment

How would you rate the DDb for metal overall? 1-10?
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

That's tough, because it somewhat depends on what kind of metal.

Basically, if you just need massive distortion that'll make you sh!t your pants, you probably want an Invader. But the Distortion has some pretty decent cleans as well. I'm not really a metal guy, I'll just guess and say about 8. It has a pretty tight bottom and ood clarity if you want to go chugga-chugga-chugga-RAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X