Anyone live in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone live in Florida?

Anyone live in Florida near Orlando that would be willing to come over and put a pickup on? (I'm serious)

Re: Anyone live in Florida?

Well I live in Jacksonville, and I'ld be willing to do it for you, but the distance could be a problem.

There's a few others in here. Hopefully someone can come to you're rescue.

(If not, maybe we can work something out.)

Comment

I live in Orlando, but I don't know how to install pickups. Sorry. If you live near the Winter Park Guitar Center I think it's $24 dollars to install one pickups and $36 for two.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

I have an idea: When I get my pickups I will ask someone to supervise me while I'm putting on the pickups. What I will do is set up a video conference through NetMeeting. I need someone who has a mic and has used NetMeeting before (I have done it hundreds of times but I need someone who also is familiar with it) and most important I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO PUT ON PICKUPS AND CAN INSTRUCT ME. I need someone with experience. Anyone intereseted?

Comment

.....No?

Comment

Originally posted by Nevemind
              I have an idea: When I get my pickups I will ask someone to supervise me while I'm putting on the pickups. What I will do is set up a video conference through NetMeeting. I need someone who has a mic and has used NetMeeting before (I have done it hundreds of times but I need someone who also is familiar with it) and most important I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO PUT ON PICKUPS AND CAN INSTRUCT ME. I need someone with experience. Anyone intereseted?
              I'm 2 hours from Orlando...I'd drive an hour to help a forum brother out....What pickups and in what guitar as a heads up?

John
              Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 07-05-2004, 12:35 PM.
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

AWESOMENESS!!! An Ibanez RG170R and Seymour Duncan Performer Detenator.

Comment

anyone else live in FLorida (things didnt work out)

Comment

I live in Spain, which it is quite close to Florida. May be I can take a plane next monday. We can meet near by the McDonald's at the main street.

Kidding.

May be you can think about buying a book that tells you how to do it by yourself. I have the very famous "Guitar Electronics for Musicicians" by Donald Brosnac. It is very easy to follow and covers pickup changing and much, much more.

Good luck anyway.

Comment

I would suggest going to your local Radio Shack, picking up some wire, solder, and a 30 watt soldering iron, and learning to solder yourself. It's really not hard at all, and once you learn how, swapping pickups is no problem.

Ryan
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
                        I would suggest going to your local Radio Shack, picking up some wire, solder, and a 30 watt soldering iron, and learning to solder yourself. It's really not hard at all, and once you learn how, swapping pickups is no problem.

Ryan
                        ditto. if you can operate a screwdriver and soldering iron you can swap a pickup. get some practice, if you learn to do this, it's gonna make your guitar playing years a whoole lot easier.

I don't have netmeeting, nor do i know what that is, but if you download Yahoo Messenger you can get in the voice conference and i can walk you through and you can use your webcam. It's really easy.

Actually, download yahoo messenger anyway. we have forum chats in there about every other night. Yahoo Messenger get to know some forum members

Comment

Working...
                        X