X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benjy_26
    replied
    Re: Recommend a pickup for me?

I tune down to C# on occasion and it has enough bite and clarity when distorted. BTW, I don't scoop my mids either.

Leave a comment:

• raglor
    replied

I have heard good things about the Custom. Do you think it will handle low tunings well? Keep in mind I'm not really into scooped mid hollow-sounding tone, I like bite and clarity even on the low B string. Thanks for your input though I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

I like the Custom for a warm tone that still has enough bite and chunk for heavier styles.

Leave a comment:

• raglor
    started a topic Recommend a pickup for me?

Recommend a pickup for me?

Well it seems I've kind of run into a stalemate here and I would appreciate some input. I have owned dozens of guitars with many different models of Duncans (as well as DiMarzio/EMG/etc) and I'm familiar with most of them but I am having a slight problem figuring out what pickup to put in this guitar I have.

The guitar is a USA Custom B.C. Rich "Wave" 7-string, which is neck-thru maple with alder wings, ebony fretboard, and it has a DiMarzio Blaze Custom in the bridge. I really like the tone of this guitar, but for whatever reason it doesn't really mesh with my amp that well. It sounds phenominal in other amps I've owned/played but not this one (Peavey Ultra Plus head). I definitely don't want to mess with EMGs so I'm thinking about either an Invader 7, Duncan Distortion 7, Custom 7 or a DiMarzio Tone Zone 7. I basically want a warmer tone but also a biting tone. I've owned all of those versions in 6 strings before and I know what they sound like but I just would appreciate what you think would sound best in this particular guitar considering the amp. Thanks.
Working...
X