banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Cremes installed JB is mmmmmm.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Cremes installed JB is mmmmmm.....

Two weeks ago today I got my double creme Jazz and JB (with covers of course) and installed them with my tone pros on my heritage 150.

I love the look! All the creme looks really sharp it pulls the binding and all together.

The jazz is the cleanest smoothest neck pickup I've ever heard in an LP style guitar. It has just the right amount of highs and mids to cut through the mix and the clean sound is unbelieveable!

The JB....The JB..........It wasn't as hot as I had imagined it sounds great with my amp at low volume but when I crank it the JB is either too bright or too dark it seems there is no happy medium. I messed with the eq going every which way and can't get it where I like it. SOOOOOO maybe it is TOO hot or maybe my ears are crazy.

I would appreciate any suggestions on eq or bridge pup options if I wait ANOTHER 6 weeks for my pup.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a Jazz bridge too right now. Like I said thanks for the help.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Re: Double Cremes installed JB is mmmmmm.....

Any chance on posting pics, I would like to see a Heritage with creme pickups. Sweet!

Well some folks on here recommend lowering or raising the height of the JB till it hits a sweet spot. Sounds like you might have to adjust a bit and you might hit paydirt!

Hope that helps.

Comment

I had to play with the hight on mine until I found a spot I liked. It sounds to me like your treble side is too high, but I'm no pro and others on this board will probably know better.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

double creme should look awesome :P
        which amp do you use?
        yeah experiment with the height,
        maybe you wanan have 250 K Vol pots...
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Well the problem with the 250k ohm opts is it's a les paul type shaft because a 150 is a heritage LP. I'll mess with the height some more though.

My amp is a Dr. Z Maz Jr. It's somewhere between a vox and marshall it sounds great with all my other guitars and the jb sounds "good" at low volume but not what I want.

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Maybe you would like a custom or something more.
            I compared both but i liked the JB more. It was more balanced thru my setup much suiter in my ears while the custom was a bit harsh and too much low end for my amp which made the low end a bit dull. But for much people here it seems to be the opposite and for them the Custom works better.

But first take some time with polepieces and pickup height. With a right setup the JB show his full potential while without it seems to be a bit bright and thin imo.
            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
            TS 7 (modded)
            Hot Rod 50+ XL
            Framus Dragon 4x12
            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

The most common tips to try the JB with the screws up so that they sit with the bottom of the head about level with the top of the bobbin (but also following the contour of the bridge saddles) then ajust the height of the pup to around 1/16" from the strings as your starting point. Another tip is to arange the screw heads thus :- \ / \ / \ / . I tried this and it got me into the right ball park.
              This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
              Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
              Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
              Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Working...
              X