EVH & Screamin' Demon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH & Screamin' Demon?

If you put an Alnico II in a Screamin' Demon, is it essentially an EVH? Maybe just a tad hotter. Or are there other variables?

I want a humbucker around 9.5-10K that's not too toppy and has a good full, open tone.

Re: EVH & Screamin' Demon?

IMO, if you want a EVH pup, just get one from the SD custom shop. I would never mess with a pup in case something went wrong.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by gypsy
      If you put an Alnico II in a Screamin' Demon, is it essentially an EVH? Maybe just a tad hotter. Or are there other variables?

I want a humbucker around 9.5-10K that's not too toppy and has a good full, open tone.
      get this one then.

Comment

Well that's got the output about right, but it's also Alnico V like the Demon. I think that'll be too bright.

One of my favorite pickups are Gibson Classic 57's. I should mention, I want something that's F spaced for a strat.

I'm curious on the magnet swap. Anyone know?

Comment

Well that's got the output about right, but it's also Alnico V like the Demon. I think that'll be too bright.

One of my favorite pickups are Gibson Classic 57's. I should mention, I want something that's F spaced for a strat.

I'm curious on the magnet swap. Anyone know?
          dimarzio virtual PAF bridge, even though it has a lower resistance it has more output than a 59 or classic 57

myself i am getting one of those blues saraceno pups
          it is a alnico 5, 9.8K paf type that is very balacned and does not have that real toppy high end.
          I had the demon briefly and found it to be too present and toppy so this blues pup will be a much better pup

Comment

Maybe it's the pole pieces that are different on the demon?? I just read something like that. I'll check out the blues sacareno pickup. But I think I want an Alnico II mag, as they are warmer.

Hmm, thought I was on to something. What mag is in a pearly gates? Maybe I just have to bite the bullet on a EVH.

Comment

Maybe it's the pole pieces that are different on the demon?? I just read something like that. I'll check out the blues sacareno pickup. But I think I want an Alnico II mag, as they are warmer.

Hmm, thought I was on to something. What mag is in a pearly gates? Maybe I just have to bite the bullet on a EVH.
              I think that if you like the tone of the EVH then that is what you should get cause they really is NO two pups that sound alike.
              the PG is trebly and has as much top as the demon even though it has a II

I am going to send you a PM about something

Comment

Did you get the Blues yet??
                Man I hope it will work for you, you have been through PU hell if you ask me

Comment

No, an EVH and an A2 Demon will not sound the same. If you really want an A2 PAF sound, either get an EVH model, or try an A2 magnet in a '59 model.

Ryan
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Or go for the Custom with the A2 magnet.

Comment

No experience with a '78 till now. Yet the following 3 pickups do a very genuine VHI and II tone on the right amp and settings: 1. 8.70K a5 antiquity HB; 2. 8.75K PG+; 3. 8.70K 59b.

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                        Did you get the Blues yet??
                        Man I hope it will work for you, you have been through PU hell if you ask me

yeah bit it has been fun and a learning experience at the same time
                        I am still looking for a used blues PAtb3?

Comment

Hmm maybe the most selling humbucker....well have heard a few of them, nice fat sound.
                          Good luck man.

Comment

I put an A2 in my Demon for about 3 months a while back and it basically sounds just as you described. The midrange increased making it fuller (yet still open sounding), bass became a little less tight (but not mushy at all), and was less bright overall (but still had plenty of high end). However, I missed the tighter bass and presence of the stock Demon, so I put the A5 back in. Give it a shot. It's an easy mod and you can easily change back if you want.
                            My Gear:
                            Kramer USA Baretta II;Ibanez RG550 (MIJ)
                            Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 50watt 1x12" Combo
                            Boss GT-3;ProCo Rat2;DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp;DOD 201 Phaser;DOD FX-90 Delay

Pickups Used:
                            TB-12 Screamin' Demon;TB-4 JB;SH-10 Full Shred;SH-5 Custom;TB-1 '59;TB-6 Distortion

Comment

Thanx everybody for the help and ideas. I bit the bullet and just ordered one up. An EVH that is. I requested that it be a touch hotter, around 9.7K. I think that will work nicely with my strat style guitars. I'm excited about it because it's always been either the weaker Gibson 57's which are around 8.4K or so, or a hot pickup like the Customs, JBs and hot rails. I never really was happy with any of those really hot pickups.

I'm looking forward to this "medium" output bucker. Never had one.

Comment

Working...
                              X