Duncan and Dimarzio out of phase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan and Dimarzio out of phase?

I have always thought that Duncan and Dimarzios are wound out of phase from each other. So when I put a Virtual PAF and a JB in my Ibanez AM-70 (mini 335) I reversed the black and the green on the JB.
    Now after rebuilding the ship in a bottle, the pups are out of phase in the middle position....
    Was I wrong on the Dimarzio/Duncan phase relationship?
    Can I just flip the magnet on the JB and all will be right with the world?

Re: Duncan and Dimarzio out of phase?

just flip those black and green wires and you should be good.

its been so long since ive mixed the two i cant remember but i think they are fine with stock wiring. now fender and duncans are out of phase. just finished doing an american with a qp and had to flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
      just flip those black and green wires and you should be good.

its been so long since ive mixed the two i cant remember but i think they are fine with stock wiring. now fender and duncans are out of phase. just finished doing an american with a qp and had to flip the phase
      Well, I would love to swap the black and green wires, but that would entail dragging all of the harness out again.....I might have to though.

Comment

you could flip the magnet, but it usually easier to resolder. maybe not so in your case???

Comment

Are you doing any coil-splitting? If so, flipping the magnet means your treble coils and bass coils will cancel each other (instead of outers and inners, as normal). Otherwise, that should be fine.
          j mutations "hot-rodded" guitars: Tokai Flying V, Cort Les Paul, Squier Japan Strat, more on the way!
          j guitars originals: semi-hollow 12-string s/h/s w/ Bigsby, semi-hollow 8-string bass w/ Stingray pup

Shameless plug: www.lunarflaremusic.com

Comment

Working...
          X