Problem with wiring strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with wiring strat

Just got my antiquities in today, and I wired my guitar up (hard tail strat). I followed the diagram perfectly and made all the connections, and none of the pieces are touching each other that shouldnt be touching each other. When I plug in the guitar, the only time I get any sound is if I take my fingers and lay it across the jack and at the same time touch one of the volume or tone pots. I can hear the strings when I do this, but I cant hear them any other time. Any ideas??

Re: Problem with wiring strat

Check your hot and ground connections at your jack and make sure you have hot going to the jack tip? After that recheck all of your connections by following your drawing....

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Re: Problem with wiring strat

Originally posted by kdx man
      Just got my antiquities in today, and I wired my guitar up (hard tail strat). I followed the diagram perfectly and made all the connections, and none of the pieces are touching each other that shouldnt be touching each other. When I plug in the guitar, the only time I get any sound is if I take my fingers and lay it across the jack and at the same time touch one of the volume or tone pots. I can hear the strings when I do this, but I cant hear them any other time. Any ideas??
      Also,is your cavity shielded? Maybe wires on the pickguard are making contact with your cavity shielding? Check to make sure also,that wires aren't touching each other that shouldn't be once you lay the guard into the cavity..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X