Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic for tele without 3-way switch

I need a schematic for the following control configuration:

1 master volume, 1 master tone, 1 pot to mix the neck and bridge PU.

Your suggestions are welcomed, I will not be using a switch, want the possibility to dial the neck PU in just as I desire.

Is there a way to wire this setup so that in the middle position of the "mix" pot, both PU´s are on?

Re: Schematic for tele without 3-way switch

Do you think I could use a diagram for a Jazz Bass?

Comment

Hi Cees; there's several different ways to do this - none of them ideal.

Before I start drawing pictures, ( ), let me describe a few of them that I've "doodled", and maybe you can get an idea of what might suit you.

1. Wire one pickup "direct", with a pot to "dial-in" an amount of the other pup.

2. Use a "blend" pot. This is nothing more than two volume controls on a common shaft. Look at any dual-volume control schematic to see how this works. This will have the disadvantage of effecting the sound charateristics of the pup the more its turned down.

3. Use one pot, with each pup on each end, with the output taken from the center, so that you can dial from one to the other. This has the disadvantage of not having full-volume at the center of the pot. Also, if the two pups are not matched in output, you'll have a non-linear fade from one to the other.

All three of these become even more complicated if you want to add in a "master" volume control - which you mention.

If you want, I can draw up little diagrams of all three, so you can visualize this better. Let me know.

Comment

I was thinking of doing something similar with the Tele-Gib when I first built it...issues like Artie speaks of in #3 lead me to make 2 volumes, 1 tone and a 3 way (LP style)...I like this setup very much.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
        Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
        Celestion speakers
        Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
        Too many pedals....

Comment

Working...
        X