Help with Jaguar pickups!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Jaguar pickups!!!

I need help with deciding which pickups to use on my blue fender japanese LTD edition jaguar. I am into styles like: Alternative/Grunge/Experimental/Indie Rock/etc. Whoever knows a lot about pickups I sure could use some help!! thanks!!!

Re: Help with Jaguar pickups!!!

well since im assuming hat you dont want to rout the guitar id say that the hot or quater pound jaguar pups are what you should look into. they are both higher output, the hot is smoother and warmer while he qp is big and punchy with nice bite

Comment

alright thanks!! I think i'll replace the pickups with quarter pounders

Comment

Should I replace both the neck and bridge pickups with quarter pounders or is this just a "how much can u afford" thing?

Comment

Hello! First time poster!

I am about to buy a set of Quarter Pounders for my Jaguar, and I definitely feel that one should buy the set--I am. I think that they were designed to work together, and will help each other, especially with hum cancelling when used together.

What I want to know...Will the stock CIJ Jag pup covers fit over the QP pups? I know the pole pieces are much larger than the holes in the pup cover, but will it impede the sound at all? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mrblorry
            Hello! First time poster!

I am about to buy a set of Quarter Pounders for my Jaguar, and I definitely feel that one should buy the set--I am. I think that they were designed to work together, and will help each other, especially with hum cancelling when used together.

What I want to know...Will the stock CIJ Jag pup covers fit over the QP pups? I know the pole pieces are much larger than the holes in the pup cover, but will it impede the sound at all? Anyone? Anyone?
            You need to look real hard at the schematic of a Fender Jaguar if you think that these pups are hum cancelling...
            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I believe all US made jags are wired so that when both pickups are selected together, there is hum cancelling. Individual pickups are single coils.
              dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

This comes straight from the SD website:

Vintage for JaguarŪ

SJAG-1 Every detail in sound, construction, and appearance is faithfully duplicated in this vintage pickup. Even the original hand grinding process is used on the magnetic pole pieces. Like our other JaguarŪ replacement pickups, the neck is RW/RP to create a humbucking effect when used together with the bridge model.

Comment

...what I really want to know is--can you put pickup covers on the QPs? It appears that they are self contained, but they're black. I'd like to be able to have white pickups on this guitar so it looks like the original!

Comment

Working...
                  X