Single-coil sized humbuckers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single-coil sized humbuckers???

I'm thinking of putting one into my my strat and want a 1)thicker sound not overly bright(but not limiting to just metal) and 2)be able to split it for some true strat quack. What would you recommend? Also, what kind of pots do you use eg 250k, 500k, tbx?

FYI, I have three LP's with a custom, distortion, and a JB and want a similar sound out of the strat so I don't have to mess around with my amp settings( Marshall TSL60)

Cheers Primo.
    GEAR: 2008 Gibson Les Paul Custom(ebony) w/ C8 & PGn, 2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom(cream)w/ C8 & SD APII , '95 Epi LP Gold Top w/ JB & '59, '97 Fender Am Std Strat(Black) w/SD aps-1, '84 Profile Strat(Black), '06 Black Epiphone Korina Flying V w/EMG's, '04 Epiphone Dot w/JB & Jazz, Squier 50's Vibe Telecaster butterscotch blonde w/SD Hot Rail bridge, Marshall JVM410Head & Marshall TV4X12 cab w/V30's, Marshall DSL40C 1X12 combo, VOX AC30CC 2X12 combo.

Re: Single-coil sized humbuckers???

Although the sound of a humbucker comes from various things, the most important is the sapcing between the two coils. A single-coil sized humbucker cannot do that, although it could get some of the other characteristics right.

Comment

Working...
    X