Pickup switch diagram question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup switch diagram question

I'm trying to wire my strat like this, but my switch has 8 tabs lined up all in a row instead of alternating. Does it just alternate in the picture to make it easier to read?

Also, I have a humbucker in the neck and single in the middle and bridge. It would be nice if I could wire the neck and bridge to be out of phase with each other and to be in series, but I get really confused whenever I look at the diagrams. It doesn't help that none of them are for a neck h neck/s/s either. I tried www.guitarnuts.com but it confuses the heck out of me. If anyone can help me out it'd be great. =)

BTW I have 3, 3-position SPDT switches already on the guitar.
    Last edited by guitarizt; 07-09-2004, 05:17 PM.

Re: Pickup switch diagram question

No, the switch isn't show like that for simplification, some switches have it alternating like that, and others (like yours) have them all in a line. But they work the same, just act like the lugs are in a straight line (a.k.a. even know the go back and forth from side to side, act like they dont, so the fartheest one to the left would be the lug furthest to the left on your switch, then the second lug from the left, on the opposite side of the 1st lug, is the 2nd lug from the left on your switch, etc.) To do the reverse phase in series for the neck and bridge, you need a Super Switch or you could achieve it by using multiple dpdt push/pulls.

Comment

Re: Pickup switch diagram question

Thanks shredman. Looks like I'll just wire it for series.

Comment

Working...
      X