Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pup suggestions for my HSS Soloist

I can't figure out what I want.

I have an Alnico II Pro (humbucker) in my old Jackson (neck), and I really like the mellow sound of that pickup. Very clean and warm.

Part of me wants to get this same sound for the neck position on my HSS Soloist.

Part of me wants to put a humbucker in that neck single coil position that can keep up with the Custom in the bridge.

Does SD make an Alnico II Pro Humbucker variant for single coil size hole?

Does SD make a single coil equivalent to the Jazz humbucker?

Should I just get the lil' 59 and try to get the best of both worlds?

Any opinions appreciated.

-Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

How about Quarter Pound Flats? Anybody played those?
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Bump

Comment

What pickups do you have in the bridge and middle? I'd suggest a single sized HB of somesort...hotrails or a Lil'59 maybe. I'm a firm believer in not creating any redundancy in a guitar collection. Give yourself as many tonal options as possible. Similar to the artistic painters that need a variety of colors on thier palettes to facilitate thier creativity.
        Jackson DK1,(stock),Robin Medley Exotic Top(RG Muy Grand,b, Vin.Tall boy n), Robin Medley 2(A2Pn, XL500b), Gibson LP Classic(PG set),, ADA MP1(Mod 4) , Mesa 20\20, AxeFX...GenzBenz cabs...

Comment

Working...
        X