banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one remove rust from pole pieces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one remove rust from pole pieces?

Is there some sort of oil, cream, liquid or anything else that you can buy to remove rust from the pole pieces of a pickup? I'd assume that there'd have to be something out there at a hardware store, but I just wanted to get something that wouldn't have any negative effects on the rest of the pickup (corroding the bobbin etc.) So, does anyone have any product reccomendations?

Re: How does one remove rust from pole pieces?

I used a hot steam pressure spray thing.But I to uninstall the pups first. It works pretty quickly, as long as you're careful not to get much moisture in sensitive areas.

Comment

You can use a pen/ink eraser...the hard white ones on cheap pens work best and easy to get to those poles. I'm into the relic thing so I like 'em nasty and funky.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
      Celestion speakers
      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
      Too many pedals....

Comment

And just cotton? Don't know but it allway work for me to clean anything without harming it. Anyway the rubber seems a better idea.

Comment

+1 for the baking soda toothpaste trick. I also used some of that Scratch X finishing compound for cars and it worked great for the poles as well as polishing up the bobbins to get rid of imperfections.

Comment

Working...
          X