Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: damn! dimarzio's are cheaply made!

Originally posted by hernia
    How much different is the custom custom to the other pickups?? Will this work well to give a heavy distortion sound and have high output??
    The CC will do it all.

Comment

Ya I think i'm gonna get a custom custom it seems to be a pretty good one. I tell you how much I like it if I Install one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Z
        check this out... compare the consturciton of a dimarzio to a $30 MIK duncan performer. the duncan performer has a bent leg nickle bottom plate, better plastic bobbins, better hookup cable and more "heft". i duno what there doing at dimarizo, but id rather play duncan performers at least based on the quality

A Duncan Performer over a Dimarzio?? ....I wouldn't choose that but that's just me....

I've NEVER had a Dimarzio fall apart on me EVER or stop working for ANY reason. Not to mention they sound equally as good as the Duncans IMO.

If they were exactly like Duncans as far as look and pole pieces, people would complain they were copying them. Dimarzio does their own thing and they do it well IMO.

However, I do own pickups from both companies and love them all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
          A Duncan Performer over a Dimarzio?? ....I wouldn't choose that but that's just me....

I've NEVER had a Dimarzio fall apart on me EVER or stop working for ANY reason. Not to mention they sound equally as good as the Duncans IMO.

If they were exactly like Duncans as far as look and pole pieces, people would complain they were copying them. Dimarzio does their own thing and they do it well IMO.

However, I do own pickups from both companies and love them all the same.
          i like the sound of both but the construction of both companies pickups is so different. it seems that duncan takes longer when going over it for mistakes and stuff and dimarzio doesn't even d that. now i have a dimazrio that works but's lopsided
          the construction is way better on duncan.

Comment

Originally posted by hernia
            Ya I think i'm gonna get a custom custom it seems to be a pretty good one. I tell you how much I like it if I Install one.
            Good deal bro, let me know how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
              now i have a dimazrio that works but's lopsided
              the construction is way better on duncan.
              Is it lopsided because is shoddily made, or lopsided because you were f*ckin' with it and couldn't get it back together right?
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

does anyone know if antiquity II single coils come with covers!!!!
                2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Here's a pic of a Dimarzio Paf Pro. I bought it used and the guy I bought it from said he sold it once before and the guy returned it saying it didn't work, so I think the guy tinkered with it somehow. But the pic shows that there are no spacers under the bobbins at all. Empty space and partial wax. There isn't the outer layer of tape around the 2 coils, but thats my guess is the previous owner butchered it.

Comment

One thing you dont want to do is mod a dimarzio!
                    I was going to make a half air zone with a tone zone and got as far as removing the cloth tape
                    Yes they are made cheap, and to my ears sound wrong(all mids and bass with that wah treble! )
                    these are some of the reasons i am now using all duncans!
                    in the late 70's and early 80's dimarzio's were used more on OEM guitars(charvel, jackson,bc rich,washburn) but these days every guitar i see uses duncans over them,there is a reason for that

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                      there is a reason for that

Yeah, it's called better marketing....

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
                        Yeah, it's called better marketing....
                        i was told that the guitars are actually better suited with the duncans
                        tone /quality wise, i mean parker is even now offering duncans on the FLY guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
                          Here's a pic of a Dimarzio Paf Pro. I bought it used and the guy I bought it from said he sold it once before and the guy returned it saying it didn't work, so I think the guy tinkered with it somehow. But the pic shows that there are no spacers under the bobbins at all. Empty space and partial wax. There isn't the outer layer of tape around the 2 coils, but thats my guess is the previous owner butchered it.

i didn't really butcher it, but it's not as bad as it was previously. i'll check the next guitar i put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                            i was told that the guitars are actually better suited with the duncans
                            tone /quality wise, i mean parker is even now offering duncans on the FLY guitar

Some guitars are....some guitars aren't. If you think that marketing doesn't play a large factor then I have a used car I'd like to sell you

Comment

a question about dimarzio bobbins/screws
                              did they always have those but fukk ugly allen pole heads or did they replace them on most of the models recently (well, mid 90's)

cos as much i remember the superD had normal slug/screw poles in the 80's

i cant stand allen screws

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                                a question about dimarzio bobbins/screws
                                did they always have those but fukk ugly allen pole heads or did they replace them on most of the models recently (well, mid 90's)

cos as much i remember the superD had normal slug/screw poles in the 80's

i cant stand allen screws
                                some models have normal ones, like the tone zone, norton, i think air norton, the new eric johnson pups and some others i dont remember. but i like the allen head look

Comment

Working...
                                X