banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience w/ PGb/Sethn or aphIIn?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have experience w/ PGb/Sethn or aphIIn?...

if any one has any comments on that combo, if you've tried them, like them or think they would or wouldn't be good please post.

Re: Does anyone have experience w/ PGb/Sethn or aphIIn?...

Yup...owned/own them all...and have had them all in the same guitar...my Hardtail. My opinion only is that the APH II is the best, followed very closely by the Seth, then the PG. I've had the PG in 2 different guitars now, but it's just not my flavor so far. Too much midrange for my taste...but it's not one of the most popular SD's for nothing.

If you click on my tunes down in my signature, there is a riff of the Seth and PG in my hardtail playing the same bluesy riff. There are also clips of the APH... although not the same riff. My cover of Heavens Door uses the APH neck for the cleans and solo's, and the CC bridge for distorted rythym.

The Seth has a little more open quality...more airy and a slightly more raw tone, but raw is a bad word, not as smooth, but not in a bad way. The APH is only slightly more compressed, more evenly balanced and smoother. For me it's a toss up between the Seth and the APH, with the APH winning by a nose.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

I have them all, but in very different guitars. I have a APH/CC combo in a Carvin, a PG set in a Lester, and had a Seth set in a Sheraton. I mostly play the Pg set, as opposed to the APH/CC and Seth's. I feel that (at least in a Paul) the PG have a good blend of clarity, output, and low end "chunk" when driven. THey are also very good clean, with the neck pos. having a nice "chewey quality to it and the bridge having lots of snap and spank. The neck+bridge combo is really cool too.

For really clean stuff, Ilike the Seth's. For high gain sounds, I like the APH/CC (very fat and smooth). For all around rock riffery, the Pg set is hard to beat for me.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I think I'm goin with the pg/seth. thanks for helping me decide. I was inspired today while listening to cheap sunglasses, zz top and heard the solo and immediately thought of the PGb and I said I HAVE to get one of those in my LP classic. and the seth sounds more me for the neck, while I love smooth balanced tones, I would rather have smooth, balanced with a little bit of added character.

Comment

Working...
        X