What's the best tele pickup for newer country music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the best tele pickup for newer country music

Thanks for trying to help me.I listened to a few and liked the vintage lead stack. I think I'll go listen again and make my decision off that.

Comment

Quarter Pound Tele, Joe Barden or Lindy Fralin Tele pups
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

The Vintage Lead Stack would be a good choice. It sounds a lot like Vintage but with a little extra umph added. It is bright like Keith's tone and it twangs really good too.

Comment

I don't have that tuned of an ear yet to hear the really small differences in tone but most of the time I can hear some difference. Although my guitar teacher says I play like I've been playing for 4 or 5 years and only really been playing for a year and a half. Quick learner I guess. Anyway, aside from Keith's tone I think I would be happy with any of these pickups over the stock one. I love a tele's I guess you could say chacter so are all the pickups going to retain that chacter. I guess you could say I wouldn't want it to sound like a humbucker with some tele in it. I would want it to sound like a tele with some humbucker in it. Just used the humbucker as an example but do you kind of get what I'm saying?

Comment

Actually, the JD is pretty close to a Tele with a hint of humbucker in it. Both the JD and the Nocaster sound nice clean and overdriven, but they are a bit fatter than other vintage pickups that go for the brighter late '50s and '60s tones. The Vintage lead stack sounds like a good option if you need noiseless, but I haven't used it. The Antiquities should be very nice -- flatpole for fat and staggered pole for bright (although I'm sure both will be plenty bright).

Comment

I decided to go with the Vintage Tele Stack. Ordered it last night. This thing is stacked so it has two coils right? Are there different ways to wire it up. I heard something about only wiring one of the coils I think. I'm gonna have the guitar tech at the guitar shop wire it. I think he should know what he is doing but are there different ways to wire this pickup for different sound. I'm not changing the switch or anything just the pickup.

Comment

You can wire it for standard humbucking. That's where one coil acts as a dummy coil. It cancels the humbut isn't actice. You can also wire it so that the dummy coil works and you get more output and it's fatter. Scott Miller, a technical lead at Duncan, told me how to do it once.
                -Butch Snyder
                butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Which way is going to give me more the sound I'm looking for? How was it wired on the sound clip on it?

Comment

Originally posted by matt99camero
                    Which way is going to give me more the sound I'm looking for? How was it wired on the sound clip on it?
                    Standard humbucking wiring...
                    -Butch Snyder
                    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Working...
                    X