Need help with onboad tone contol for BassLines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with onboad tone contol for BassLines

I have a Cort artisan 5 string fretless with Baselines pickups @ 18 volts. What do you think the best onboard eq/preamp would be? There are four pots right now two volume and two tone.
    Last edited by vmassari; 03-24-2004, 12:39 PM.

the STC-3 Tone circuit is my personal preference. It gives better control over eq. It's been a while since i've seen a bass with the STC-3 in it though, but if i remember correctly it has 5 pots, which means you'd have to drill another hole. If you're opposed to that idea, i believe that the STC-2 should do what you want, without drilling any new holes in the body.
    Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

You can also get the STC-3 with four pots. Volume, pan, middle, and treble/bass on a concentric.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The standard tone circuits are all four knob. The MM tone circuits come with either 3 or 4 knobs. None are 5 knob.

I would always opt for the three band circuit if possible. They don't cost that much more and IMHO the mid control is really important for bass. Just be sure you specify the circuit for active pickups to match your active pickups.

Comment

Re: Need help with onboad tone contol for BassLines

Hey!!! Thank you all for the info. I ordered an STC-3A. I'll let you know how it sounds.

Comment

Working...
          X