how to change pup height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change pup height?

went to Guitar Center to drop off my ESP to have the JB put in it....I ended up doing that and buying a guitar on top ofit..gorgeous music man Axis....transparent flame natural top....it's got some kinda custom dimarzios in it...they dont' sound bad..guitar sounds pretty friggin' good actually..pups are a little close to the stings...and fartin' around with the screws isn't seemin' to be doign much of anything..

anyone have one of these? it's like the EVH guitar only has a different pup in it basically..do I have to go in the back to change the height?

thanks!
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

They are most likely sticking on the cloth wrap around the bobbins. Gentley put some down pressure and rock the pup as you tighten the adjustment screws.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

gotcha..I'll try that! thanks =)
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

I thought those pickups were mounted to the body. I'm probably wrong though.

Comment

doesthat mean I can't change teh height if they are?
          Splawn QR
          Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
          Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
          My Gear Pix
          My SPLAWN Clips
          My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

you should be able to move it down if its that close to the strings. i believe that jollys right about it being screwed to the wood, which means that there is limited room to move but you should be able to back it up some

Comment

Working...
            X