Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups in mahogany neck-thru maple sides

Hi all,

I have a strat shaped mahogany neck-thru with maple sides. Custom guitar I bought from a friend.

At the moment it has two Invaders, and a single coil staggered SD in the middle (H-S-H).

I've been thinking about swapping the 59(N) and Bill Lawrence (B) from my old Washburn Nuno into it....

What do you all think?
    Change to the 59 and Bill Lawrence
    16.67%
    Keep the Invaders
    0%
    Put in something else
    83.33%

Re: Pickups in mahogany neck-thru maple sides

1 y do you want to change your pickups and what are you looking for
    2 do you like the washburn or ever play it (you said "old") ?

man those are some high output pickups for an sd staggered.... do you have volume problems with the pickups or do you split the humbuckers in the 2 and 4 positions? (are all hsh wired that way? because i have no clue) if you are, the '59 sounds really nice split, i use a split '59 neck a LOT, that should sound good paired with that sd s/c. i don't know about the bill lawrence so i won't comment on it.
    Last edited by Cory_Dylan; 07-12-2004, 12:17 AM. Reason: wth? i didn't mean to post... i didn't hit the post button.. i wasn't done... this thing has a mind of it's own

Comment

Well, my band has changed our sound completely (partly due to an aging singer haha) from heavy rock to predominantly funk blues/jazz stuff.

I can get some decent sounds from this guitar for this music, but sometimes the pickups are just too big and fat...

I think the 59 may be really good for this...and the Bill Lawrence is a nice sounding pickup which could still cover rock

I don't use the Nuno much anymore, mainly because I'm not so keen on Floyd Rose bridges now...but it's an ok guitar.

If I change I might just slap the invaders into it hahaha

Comment

I just put a Jazz neck and Custom bridge in my Mahogany set neck guitar and hated it. Put back the '59 neck and JB bridge and now it's a guitar that makes you say "god damn!" when you play it. They sound perfect in it.

Comment

take out those invaders and put the 59 in neck and a JB or PG in bridge!

the pG can do metal well, and the 59 is great in the neck.

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah, I'm getting more and more keen on moving that 59 to the neck.

Not sure what I'll do with the bridge. Might research a little more on the Bill Lawrence to see what it compares to.

Comment

Working...
            X