banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which duncan is closest to the blues trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which duncan is closest to the blues trembucker?

yeah i know just get the blues version
    but if not is the C5 about the same?
    i can trade a forum member here for my DD for his C5?

Re: which duncan is closest to the blues trembucker?

someone here knows you know who you are!

Comment

Sorry, but there is absolutely nothing in the Duncan lineup that sounds close. I hated the C5, but loved the Blues. Totally different pickups. If you were to put an Alnico 4 magnet in a '59 bridge, you might get in the ballpark, but it probably still wouldn't be close enough for my tastes. If you really want one at a good price, keep checking Ebay. Where were you six weeks ago, I had mine listed for over a week before anyone bought it?

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
        Sorry, but there is absolutely nothing in the Duncan lineup that sounds close. I hated the C5, but loved the Blues. Totally different pickups. If you were to put an Alnico 4 magnet in a '59 bridge, you might get in the ballpark, but it probably still wouldn't be close enough for my tastes. If you really want one at a good price, keep checking Ebay. Where were you six weeks ago, I had mine listed for over a week before anyone bought it?

Ryan
        well see i have a DD and can trade for a C5,maybe i would like the C5 in the ibanez? or maybe the custom if i put in a ceramic?
        as far as the used ones yours i did not even see
        and Ebay i dont really like,so it is a new one for $90 or one of the customs

Comment

In that case, bite the bullet and pay the $90 for a new one. The C5 is very bright, with almost piercing treble and very boomy bass. The mids are fairly scooped. The Blues has a better balance in the EQ: less bass and treble than the C5, with more mids and less overall output. I didn't like it in my Wolfgang, you may or may not like it. But it's really not all that similar to the Blues.

By the way, if you have an extra pickup lying around, the custom shop can rewind it to Blues specs for $75. A little cheaper than buying a new one.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X