Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB with A-2 magnet question!

Originally posted by dr.barlo
    You guys should look more into tips and clips section! Believe me you'd like it!

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=35
    I can notice a bit of a subtle difference between the two, and definitely agree the a3 is a little chunkier. But im starting to wonder if a CC is a good pickup for me to actually get in my paul...it kinda sounds a little thinner than i thought it would be.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Sorry...i dont mean to hijak
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
        I've tried the JB2, it's pretty neat. I'd say it's actually COMPLETELY different from the stock version or the ceramic version
        I thought the JB came stock with a ceramic mag??
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
          I thought the JB came stock with a ceramic mag??
          JB is Alnico 5.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

JB2…Buzz of the next week or so…Still waiting on Full Shred week!!!!!
            Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
              I can notice a bit of a subtle difference between the two, and definitely agree the a3 is a little chunkier. But im starting to wonder if a CC is a good pickup for me to actually get in my paul...it kinda sounds a little thinner than i thought it would be.
              One very important thing that many of us here tend to oversee. The guitar!

It is a floyd rose japanese ibanez S470 (or 420 don't remember ). An a5 8.70K ant bridge that sounds very thick and with balls on a LP, sounds much more thinner, much more focused on the uppermids and highs on that ibanez. That's why I love CC (or C3) on floyd rose axes.

Don't worry CC won't sound thin on your LP. It might sound too thick, or too warm. Then you know what to do, get an a3 and experiment.

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

But do you think it would be a better bet to go with a JB and then perhaps put an A2 magnet in it if i want to, because i pretty much know that ill love the JB but i wanted something with an A2 magnet cos of the more musical and warm feel to it.
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

CC is great. Try it out. If you don't like it use that 21day policy and get a JB and an a2 magnet!

CC is my favorite non-PAF bridge HB. And c3 is basically CC with slightly c5 features, not the other way around!
                  FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Sounds good

Knowing me ill end up trying both anyway
                    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
                    X