banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alnico 2 pro in bridge and Jazz in neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alnico 2 pro in bridge and Jazz in neck?

Anybody tried this? My biggest fear is the jazz will overpower the A2P. I thought CC but was afraid with the tube recto and the lack of bass would make it sound flabby. I really liked the PG too but the A2P sound smoother on the highs. Any thoughts?

How high is the actual output of the A2P compared to the jazz. I know the DC resistance but that doesn't mean much. The DC resistance of the schaller I took out was a little more than half of the JB's but they hit the front end of my amp pretty close to the same the JB having a bit more but not what I expected.

Thanks

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Re: Alnico 2 pro in bridge and Jazz in neck?

i think youd be ok with that combo. youll probably need the aph up a little high and the jazz a touch low to get optimum balance but i think it could sound very cool.
    which dr z?

Comment

personally I'd put another A2P or PG in the neck

Comment

Another A2P was an option but I just LOVE the way the jazz sounds. So I decided to stick it out with the Jazz. I am just so shattered the jazz jb combo didn't work for me.

My Z is a maz junior. It's kind of a cross between a marshall and vox. VERY touch sensitive. For more distortion dig into the strings.

Thanks for the replies keep em coming.

Luke
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Did you try the JB with alnico 2? Some say it gets rid of that mid spike that some can't stand. I don't actually know firsthand about the JB2 but I will try it as the JB isn't my cup of tea either.

Comment

I had that set up in my LP Standard recently (A2P/Jazz) and they complimented each other pretty well. I did have the Jazz down a bit and the A2P up a bit but nothing extraordinary. Other than I was dying to put try a set of Ant's in that guitar I didn't have any issues.
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I'm going to be trying a Custom/aph-1b combo in a couple days.

The Custom pairs very well with the Jazz. Playing the JB2, I'd say the A2 mag pretty much ERASES that uppermid spike. It's like playing a different pickup, I'm not even kidding. More like a hot-rodded paf, much warmer and smoother. Only thing is it can be dowright mushy in the wrong guitar/setup.

If you like the tone of the CC but would like to tighten up the bass a bit, get an alnico 3 and make the swap. That should help.
              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
              Originally posted by Sosomething
              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Yeah I thought about keeping the jb and just outright buying to a2p and messing with magnets and whichever in the end I liked I'd keep and the other I'd sell.

Luke

Comment

did you try the JB in the neck? It's a surprise late starter.

Comment

You shouldn't have any output issues, with some tweaking. I heard a Jazz/59b combo in a Yamaha and it sounded great. Lots of clarity with enough punch to drive a Bassman 59RI to distortion.
                    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                    X