what is the best in your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best in your opinion

alright i've asked this question but i am hoping the poll will shed more light on what i should get for my peavey firenza H-S-S basswood body rosewood fretboard fixed bridge guitar in drop c...

I have a JB trembucker in my ibanez basswood body maple neck floating floyd standard tuning... I had to change out the volume pot to a 250k to take away the extreme brightness and make it sound amazing like it does now.

I heard in my last thread to put a regular JB into my Peavey but i have a feeling it's going to be way to bright since it has the rosewood neck so i was seeing what you guys thought. I want it to have the clarity my JB has because that is what my stock pickup lacks. for some reason I just don't think the JB is the right pickup.
    JB
    38.10%
    Screamin deamon
    0%
    Duncan Distortion
    9.52%
    Duncan Custom
    4.76%
    Full Shred
    9.52%
    Custom Custom
    28.57%
    Invader
    4.76%
    Stag Mag
    0%
    Custom 5
    4.76%
    boreddddddddddd

Re: what is the best in your opinion

then maybe you should look at something else. the jb is a great pup, but there are lots of others that sound great as well.

the rosewood fretboard has a warmer tone than maple or ebony.

Comment

For clarity with gain, I'd say that th Full Shred is probably a good choice.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I use a JB in a Drop C Strat, alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. I'm also running 250k pots. I think it sounds great. Lots of crunch, good mutes that both sustain and will cut hard depending on you're technique.

I've had no problems with brightness, and that was with an alder body (which is brighter sounding that basswood).
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Specifically for drop C, I'd go with a JB or CC from the pickups that I have had.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

JB all the way, dude!
            ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Never tried any of them but the JB and I think it could be very bright. You better think about another humbucker. If you think you guitar has a bright natural sounding then may be you could think about a alnico 2 magnet pickup. Usually this type of pickups has less agressive treble so it will reduce this effect on your guitar.

Don't know if you have already considered this but if you have vintage style single coils in the PEVEY you could have problems balacing the output with the humbucker.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                the rosewood fretboard has a warmer tone than maple or ebony.
                I guess i had that backwards for some reason i was thinking the rosewood fretboard was the bright one so maybe it will be ok after all.
                boreddddddddddd

Comment

well since at the moment it's a tie between JB and Custom Custom i had the idea that if the guitar has a 250k volume pot in it i will put in a JB. If it had a 500k i would put the custom in since from another thread it said you need a 500k for it to give you a good sound.

well the guitar had to my surpise 250k pots in it so unless somebody talks me out of it i will get a JB for this guitar as well
                  boreddddddddddd

Comment

Why talk you out of it? It's a good choice.
                    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                    X