Help! Buzzing from pickup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Buzzing from pickup!

can someone please help me! i just put in a new seymour duncan pickup in my jackson and everything is fine except i get this buzzing noise when i'm not playing and turn my overdrive up or when my clean is all the way up and i'm not playing can anyone tell me what it is i need to do to make it stop. it's not very loud but it's loud enough to notice. PLEASE HELP !!!

Re: Help! Buzzing from pickup!

welcome to the forum!!

it sounds like a bad ground wire. im assuming that the amp didnt do this before. what amp are we talking about? most amps are gonna make some noise when you turn em all the way up

Comment

umm ground wire on the cable or pickup cause the pickup like didn't come with all tha green black wire stuff it came with like a metall type thing covering it that you can pull down and it was just a black cord. the amp is marshall jcm 900 4100 100watt. everytime i touch like the volume knob it goes away.
      Last edited by mrpotatohead65; 07-13-2004, 05:16 PM.

Comment

ok so it is the guitar. some where you have a bad ground connection.
        is the bridge grounded?
        are all the grounds on the back of one pot?
        all look good?

Comment

umm there not all on one pot i don't think i know when i touch a white cord that goes from my input to the volume knob the buzzing gets louder and whne i touch the pickup wire the buzzing goes away.

Comment

check the ground wire of the pup and the one on the bridge. my guess is its one of those. i like to use a central ground, its cleaner looking and easier to work on, not to mention that it seems to be a very noise free wiring schematic

Comment

what's a pup and is ther anyway you can show me the diagram for what you are talking about so i can use it.

Comment

pup is just a short way of typing pickup.

what is your control layout? volumes, tones, singles/buckers ect...

Comment

umm i'll check it but i'm not sure what my ground wire is on my pickup cause there is only like one cord on it there is like a insulator on top then there is a black like cloth then the coper wire. my setup is 1 volume 1 tone 3 way 2 humbuckers.

Comment

Working...
                  X