Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Winding

Hi, new here.
    I want to start winding some pickups for homemade guitar and have Jason Lollars Book, he mentions Forbon vulcanised fibreboard, but it appears to be unavailable in Australia. What other suitable material could I use to make the bobbins? Want something that looks pretty good, and also has some strength, so that if I sell the guitar and the buyer looks at pickups, they dont look like something just thrown together.
    As mentioned only new to this so I have another question....Do the pole pieces just glue on bottom flange (tele style pickups....single coil) or are they recessed slightly into bottom flange of bobbin?

Re: Pickup Winding

hi, and welcome to the forum

this is sort of a wasted post, because I don't know what the hell you're talking about (lol) but anyway, as far as I know you don't generally glue the polepieces, because you should have them free to be adjusted... please correct me if I'm wrong or what not.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Have you emailed Jason? I'm sure he would have some suggestions for you.

Comment

Go back to Marker...Got links...out of time
        Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

No, I'm not using adjustable pole pieces, magnets will be fixed into position.

I tried emailing Jason but had some problems with mail server. After reading and reading his book over and over, and looking at pictures of bobbins etc, I have sorted it out.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X