last question about pickups for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last question about pickups for a while

alright i asked this before but am gonna ask again because i got a few new questions to go along with it.

I need a new single coil pickup to put between my Jazz and my JB. I am thinking a SSL-6 but i am not really sure why other then flat poles and decent output. I am not really sure the sound i can pull from the middle position of a guitar since i pretty much always liked either the bridge position or neck position on my guitars better.

so this is what i am after
    1. keep up output wise with my JB and Jazz
    2. Sounds good when either the JB or Jazz is tapped with it
    3. hoping it has a completely differen't feel/tone then either when it is being used alone.

The last part is should it be reverse wound, reverse polarity? My guess is yes so it can still hum cancel when run with the JB or Jazz but i am not positive because i am not sure if the humbuckers when they split are setup to hum cancel with a regular single coil.

save me from myself please!!!!
    boreddddddddddd

Re: last question about pickups for a while

NOOOOOO don't leave me hanging!!!!!!!!!!

is it possible to get the chilli peppers sound out of a middle pickup?
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

Chi3f dude,

I have a HotStack and Classic Stack for sale... they might be exactly what you're looking for... noiseless, matches well with HB's, and cheap! PM me...
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

check your pm
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
        X