banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are differences between Twangbanger and Quarterpound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are differences between Twangbanger and Quarterpound?

I've decided on APS-1's for neck and mid. Tell me about these 2 for the bridge.

For alder with maple neck/fretboard.
    Last edited by SoCalSteve; 07-14-2004, 03:02 PM. Reason: alder not poplar,duh
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: What are differences between Twangbanger and Quarterpound?

The Twangbanger looks like a better match - it's got Alnico 2 mags, like the APS, and there are several people here who already like that combo.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

If you want a nice, tele style sound from your bridge pickup, go for the twangbanger. If you want a big, fat, high output single coil sound from your bridge position with enough punch to hang with hot humbuckers, go with the QP. Personally, I really like the Twangbanger with the APS neck and middle in an ash strat with a maple neck.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Do you recommend wiring the Twangbanger to the tone control or leave it like stock strat setup?
        Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

I wire my bridge pup for tone whenever I can... actually, I jump the mid and bridge lugs on the switch.
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

I always try to have a seperate tone control for a strat's bridge pickup. It gives me more control over what often times is an overly bright sound.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
            X