What pickup for a 12-string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pickup for a 12-string?

So... I'm picking up my project guitar sometime this week, a 60's japanese model that needs a fretjob, neck binding, electronics work and bridge work. It'll be my "latter half of summer project," In anycase, it's 12-string, I forgot that when I picked out my pickups for it. I was gonna do a dual Hotrails setup (performers) but, now, I'm rethinking. What would you guys suggest for a 12-string? and size isn't an issue, SC are too small and HBs are too big for the pickguard in it, so, it'll take some work.

In anycase, now I'm considering a 59'b and a Jazz neck or something like that.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: What pickup for a 12-string?

id go with a set of cool rails. the rails will cover all the strings and the tone will be full without getting too muddy or tubby with a fat single coil slant to the tone

Comment

Re: What pickup for a 12-string?

Seth's would work really nicely in a 12. Lots of air and chime. PG set is nice too, but they have some bark to the mids that you might not like.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of alnico 5 humbuckers.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
      X