Homemade piezo... help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade piezo... help?

I'm starting a project today... a homemade piezo electronics setup. I have a transducer, on/off switch, two pots, one output jack and a .022uf and a .0047 uf caps. I'm planning on putting two differant treble bleed tones in and no volume. Would this work? Thanks.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: Homemade piezo... help?

Yes and no. It will work, but probably not the way you intend. There's no purpose to having two tone controls.

Lets say that you use 500k pots for the tone controls. From an electrical point of view, it will be the exact same thing as having a 250k pot, with a .0267 uf cap. Rolling down the pot with the .0047 cap, will be the same effect as rolling down the .022 to say 3 or 4. (Approximately.)

There just isn't any reason or advantage to having two. (That I can see.)

What, exactly, were you hoping to accomplish?

Comment

I already did it, within the last hour. It works bueatifully, minus one thing... the ground! AH! Anyway, with both pots turned all the way up, I get nothing but bass, the first one controls the high-end and the second one controls the mid-range (kind'a) It works, but, I can't ground it right, unless I touch the controls. It's pretty cool. Also, the "mid" is actually the mids + the treble, so, with that cut completely, the treble can't be turned up, but, with the treble cut out, you only get the mids for the second control, in retrospect, I should have wired them in parelell
      Last edited by Indie P Bass; 07-15-2004, 02:43 PM.

Comment

From where did you get a piezo transducer may I ask. Where I work is full of em, but they're for looking at babies and joints and the like.

Whu?
        2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
        2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
        Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
        Laney TT-20 + cab
        Marshall DSL50
        Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

Radioshack

Comment

bump j/k

Anyway. I played this thing cranked... tons of feedback. And it's very nassaly sounding. I'm rather disapointed, but, for the experience, I think it was worth it. Not to mention, I did it on the guitar that the humbucker fell out of (an 80's Hondo II acoustic that's neck broke and I fixed that, as well) ah, well, I guess it needs a nice pre-amp.

Comment

sounds pretty cool. congrats on your "invention"
              This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
                sounds pretty cool. congrats on your "invention"
                it was more of an epiphany. the tone controls actually work REALLY well, and with both of them "shut," let's say, I get a boomy tone. I accidentally wired live to ground and ground to live, so, my potz turn backwards now. Tehehehe, it's so european.

Comment

Working...
                X