Quarter Pounder Tele Bridge Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Pounder Tele Bridge Pickup?

Who here has owned a Quarter Pounder Tele Bridge pickup?

Right now, I'm using the stock "Monstertone" Tele pickups that came on my early custom shop Schecter Swampash Tele. The tone pot pulls up to make them either stacked coil or single coil. I must admit they sound great, but am wondering if this Duncan model would beef up the bridge even further?

I only ask, since the stock pickups have the same large pole pieces, and I plan on leaving the neck Monstertone in there.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Quarter Pounder Tele Bridge Pickup?

i've got a qp in the bridge of my tele. it's beefy but it still twangs like a tele pickup should. i have the regular model rather than the tapped model.

Comment

I love the QP, I probably sound like a broken record but if you get it make sure it's the tapped version. It's a nice fat almost P-90 sounding tele pup full out and a great sounding vintage-y pup tapped.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I have a QP set in my Tele, and there's really no other single coils I'd put in the guitar. The bridge is still pretty bright and percussive, but it's got a lot more beef than a stock tele.

Comment

One of the best pups ever made by Duncan IMO. They twang hard and if you roll the volume off a little, they can still emulate an older Broadcaster.
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I'm considering swapping out the bridge of mine for a QP. I like the way it blends with the neck P-90, but it's not beefy enough for me on its own. Would I run the risk of it overpowering the neck P-90?
            Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
            Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
            Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
            http://emayhem.com/the_fords
            (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              Who here has owned a Quarter Pounder Tele Bridge pickup?

Right now, I'm using the stock "Monstertone" Tele pickups that came on my early custom shop Schecter Swampash Tele. The tone pot pulls up to make them either stacked coil or single coil. I must admit they sound great, but am wondering if this Duncan model would beef up the bridge even further?

I only ask, since the stock pickups have the same large pole pieces, and I plan on leaving the neck Monstertone in there.

How does the resistance measure up?
              Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

I'll have to compare the resistance of the Monstertone bridge compared to the Quarter Pound bridge. I'm almost afraid of yanking these stock pickups out. They actually do sound real good. I guess it's one of those things where I'll buy a cheap used QP and try it, if I see one. Not sure yet if I'll go outta my way to buy a new one.
                This forum has a way of making you jones for Duncan pickups.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  I'll have to compare the resistance of the Monstertone bridge compared to the Quarter Pound bridge. I'm almost afraid of yanking these stock pickups out. They actually do sound real good. I guess it's one of those things where I'll buy a cheap used QP and try it, if I see one. Not sure yet if I'll go outta my way to buy a new one.
                  This forum has a way of making you jones for Duncan pickups.

I know what you mean, I just sold a QP neck. I liked it a lot-it was a real hot rockin' pickup. Great dirty cleans if you know what I mean and real snarly with a slide. I don't know anything about the monstertones to compare.
                  Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Working...
                  X