Putting a cover on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a cover on

I just mounted a TB-4, and now I threw a solid cover on it. It feedbacks like a mofo. Anybody know what kind of wax I need to re-pot it? Thanks!

Re: Putting a cover on

I use clear Parafin Cooking Wax. The Brand name is Gulf Wax. Available at most Grocery Stores. Also, solder that cover to the pickup. There should be a good tutorial in the Vault. If not, PM me or Gearjoneser, and we'll fill you in. It's a very simple procedure. ( I use Gearjoneser's method, and it works Great ).

If you don't want to go the wax route, PM Lew.
    He has a method that doesn't require wax.

.................................................. ..........
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Muchas gracias, 59'er. I've seen it done before but I never knew what wax to use. Just one more quick question...the cover I'm using is a solid top cover; no holes. Do the pole pieces need to covered with something (like electrical tape) prior to the wax job in order to keep them from making contact with the cover?? I wouldn't think it'd be an issue if the threaded poles were down all the way into the bobbin.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyPlaysLoud
        Muchas gracias, 59'er. I've seen it done before but I never knew what wax to use. Just one more quick question...the cover I'm using is a solid top cover; no holes. Do the pole pieces need to covered with something (like electrical tape) prior to the wax job in order to keep them from making contact with the cover?? I wouldn't think it'd be an issue if the threaded poles were down all the way into the bobbin.
        I wouldn't think so. Just clamp the cover down tight, solder it on, then wax pot.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me..............
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I would cover up the polepieces when using a solid cover. Feedback is sometimes caused by two pieces of metal vibrating against each other.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

There ya Go !!! ...............
            Thanks, Benjy..............
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Sounds like a plan.
              Thank ya's.

Comment

Working...