Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wiring fun begins... and hopefully ends here

Alrighty...

I am using a 5-way selector and 2 push pull pots. As for pickups I have the JB in bridge, using a hot stack in the middle position and Jazz in the neck. What I want to be able to do is: split JB, normal JB, split JB with Split Hot stack, Normal hotstack, split hotstack, Split Hotstack with Split Jazz, split Jazz, and normal Jazz.

The big problem to me is how do I wire it so I get the right coils on to hum cancel when the JB is split with the split Hot stack, and when the split hotstack is split with the Jazz.

I was thinking using the normal wiring diagram:
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

And run a wire from the red and white JB terminal on the 5-way to the volume push/pull pot. Then run the red + white from the hot stack to the same push/pull pot so when I pull it both will be split. That way when I pull it and the 5-way is in the bridge position I get split JB, when I go up one I can leave it pulled out and have the hotstack split or push it in and have the stack not split but the JB still split since it is still controlled by the 5 way. Go up to middle position on 5-way and knob pulled out split hot stack push in normal hot stack. Up to the 4th position...

My tone push/pull will have a wire run from the 5 way switch where the red + white is run from My Jazz. So 4th position volume pulled out split hotstack and split jazz because of the 5-way. Go up to 5th position regular jazz, pull out tone and get split jazz.

At this point I have realized this is kind of hard to follow and way too much to read. However if anybody got through the ravings will the pickups have hum canceling this way? If not please show me the light with a diagram or an explanation that will work with what I have.

Thank you all for reading my ramblings and hopefully saving some frustration.
    boreddddddddddd

Re: The wiring fun begins... and hopefully ends here

where are all the guru's i love hiding today
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

i am now thinking my wiring thoughts will not work so i am now just gonna beg...

here i go...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
      boreddddddddddd

Comment

Hi Chi3f; I haven't been ignoring you, in fact, I've been watching this thread hoping someone would jump in here. The reason I haven't, myself, is that the last couple diagrams that I did, that had "hum-cancelling" issues, I may have made mistakes in.

I'm not completely sure I understand how to do noise-cancelling across split coils, and I don't want to give you an elaborate diagram that causes you to spend a lot of work, and then have it not work correctly. I'm trying to roll back on my diagrams that are "theoretical" - that is, things I haven't actually wired up myself.

I could, on the other hand, draw you up the basic functionality, but I couldn't guarantee what modes would be noise-cancelling. Maybe then, someone else could just "hone" the diagram.

Let me see what I can draw up, just don't take it as "gospel" right of the bat.

Comment

lmao artie is my hero i understand if it doesn't work right away and if it matters polarity wise (not sure if it does) it's the bridge/middle version of the hot stack not the neck/middle version.
          boreddddddddddd

Comment

Saturday morning, when I have the house to myself and a fresh cup-o-java, is my best time. Let me see what I can come up with in the morning.

Comment

alright i will be watching
              boreddddddddddd

Comment

I can get one of the 24 lug super switches and then use the two push pulls to control it if that will work. too much thinking hurts
                Last edited by Chi3f; 07-17-2004, 09:15 AM.
                boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
                X