Hambuken single coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hambuken single coil

I've read single coin have a rower sound but is rich of noise but double has less tone and more clean sound than single coil.

I've a question...
    I've an hambuken and i want to exchange the 3 way selector with the 5 way. Can i obtain a single coil? What sound i'll obtain since 2 pickup are opposite in the hambuken?
    Ast bilak parbilakar

Re: Hambuken single coil

Do you have pics or links to the model you'r speaking of?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

the sound of a split humbucker is somewhat different from a single, so I hear.
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I've no pics since it's a my idea, but i saw there is a configuration with a half hambuken of both (the second one into each humbuken).

I would like to get the single coil sound with an hambucken using a 5 way switch (using the middle position of the 3 ways switch to get sound of only a single coil in only hambuken neck).

I think this can be realized, but i'd like to know if the noise would be too great since it wasn't projected to that use.
        Ast bilak parbilakar

Comment

If you have a true single coil in the mid position you can split the humbucker (notice the spelling) so that the combined mid single and split HB will be hum cancelling. It is also possible to wire a 5 way switch to split the HB in the bridge/mid position.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I though when you said "Hambuken" you meant a certain model or brand of guitar.

Silly me.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
            X