No announcement yet.

Will Duncan Tele pickups fit a Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Duncan Tele pickups fit a Strat?

Originally posted by Kent S.
    ?????????????????? ...
    That is a cool reverse mount though on that strat. I'd like to see that with a tele neck in the middle.
    Sorry, I meant to type Tele bridge pickup mounts different than a Strat bridge pickup...
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Originally posted by BS123
      Sorry, I meant to type Tele bridge pickup mounts different than a Strat bridge pickup...
      He, he, he ... I figured that's what ya meant ... don't cha just hate those mental/physical typos ...
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar
        No, they're not longer.

Steve Morse used to have a Tele neck pickup in the middle of his FrankenTele...

I'm not sure what he's got in his Ernie Ball signature guitar...something similar I think.

Lew
        off topic, but do you have any info on the exact setup electronically of Steve Morse's original rig as far as the pups, I some of them were in phase and some out of phase ... any ideas on that, and how the controls were laid out?
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
          If you take the cover off your Tele neck pickup, it's going to sound VERY similar to a Strat pickup (at least mine does). The only bad thing about this is that sometimes when I'm playing hard the high e string will get caught under the bobbin.
          thats where duct tape comes in my friend

put some on the side of the pickup where the high e is and you'll be fine

Vai does it on his guitars since if he does a divebomb sometimes the E gets stuck

i found that with a wolfie i tried also, so if i ever afford one i'd do that too

dunno if you'd like the look though - could try n find some clear cellotape or something that wouldnt be as obvious
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Working...
          X