X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a Seth in the neck of a tele?

Hi folks
    I have a wiring question.
    I got a Seth (standard single conductor) from Lew, that's going into the neck of my AS tele. The tele has two SD single coils now, with SD's "standard wiring":
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

The diagram with the Seth confuses me a little, and warns about wiring it wrong. If I had to guess, I'd say the shield goes to ground, and the black goes to the same lug as the white lead in the standard diagram.

The closest diagram I've found is the one with a stacked neck:
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

so I think my wiring would be like that, disregarding the red & white leads.

Does that make sense?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Curly; 07-17-2004, 02:33 PM.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Re: Wiring a Seth in the neck of a tele?

just wire it as you would a two conductor single. There should be no phase issues with the SD singles. If there are, just flip the leads on your singles. You're correct, shield goes to ground and the black goes to the switch lug.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Since you already have a Duncan pickup in the other position, you should be ok with the shield to ground - like Benjy said.
      You may have had an issue with Fender pickup though.
      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

thanks kindly

I'm doing kind of a Keith Richards thing to my tele ... open G tuning with a PAF type in the neck. I saw the humbucker spaced rout when I switched pickups, and dedided to fill it up with a Seth.

I'll try to get some clips when I'm done.
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Ooooh tasty!
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X