banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need different Bridge Humbucker for Srat,any ideas????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need different Bridge Humbucker for Srat,any ideas????

Just got my Strat back,american Hot Rod w/2 humbuckers,neck is 59 and bridge is Pearly Gates,I like the 59 in the neck but the PG is alittle to muddy sounding and thinking of replacing.Cleans arent bad!
    Styles of music I play are mainly CLASSIC ROCK/HARD ROCK,etc but need something to cover everything,nice cleans for BEATLES stuff,brown sound(not heavily distorted) more of a fuzz for VAN HALEN,ZEPPLIN,etc.....
    How about a 59Bridge,would that be a good choice?
    Whats working for everyone?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanx alot

Re: Need different Bridge Humbucker for Srat,any ideas????

A 59 in the bridge should be a little crisper and tighter, but it will also have more bottom. If the mid content is where you are catching the mud, the 59 should fix you up nicely.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

hmm, I have an American Double Fat Strat as well and the PG+ in the bridge (it isn't the regular pearly gates), is bright if anything. Maybe yours is modded with a regular PG.

Comment

I got a tremspaced Custom 5 and 2 Fat 50's in one strat. It rocks, it cleans up, and it balances nicely with the other pickups. I highly recommend the C-5 for just about any guitar. I've got it in Pauls, a McCarty, and a strat. It sounds great in all of them.
        Think of it as a 59 with bigger, tighter bottom end and a bit more output.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X