Cool Rails & Hot Rails in a 60's Japanese 12-string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Rails & Hot Rails in a 60's Japanese 12-string

ok... so... I've got two problems... I need one toggle switch and two on/off rocking switched for a japanese guitar from the 60's. But, I have a real cool idea... well, actually Rick Cremer gave me this idea... first it was dual cool rails, but, now, I'm gonna do a Hot Rails bridge and a Cool Rails neck. So, I'm gonna run the pickups through the on/off switches, then too the toggle switch (which has a .047 cap on it, so I guess this guitar is a rick knockoff) then volume, variable coil tap and tone. It should rock.
    So, anyway... I was hoping to get schemes for a cooky idea like mine and hopefulyl a place to buy a toggle switch and rockers. I can't cut new holes or make holes bigger in this pickgaurd, since, the pickugard is made of wood.

Also, what's up with the hot rails and cool rails? Do they sound like Humbuckers or Singlecoils? Cuase, I want a nice thick humbucker tone. Would I be better off with a JB jr and a Lil 59?
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: Cool Rails & Hot Rails in a 60's Japanese 12-string

The cool rails is kind of a "tweener" pickup. It sounds somewhere between a single and a bucker. The Hot rails is a very fat, hot humbucker. Personally, I would go with a pair of JB Jr's.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
    X