Suggestions for my Hum/Sing/Hum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for my Hum/Sing/Hum

I am going to be buying a Basswood body/Rosewood fretboard guitar soon, and I need some help on deciding the neck and middle pickups. I have decided on the JB for my bridge, because in my current guitar it sounds just like I want it (I didn't realize the power of the JB till I turned my distortion pedal's gain to 45%... less distortion is more!!).

However, I'd in my neck I'd lik e a pup that can cut through for solos and the middle I want something good for clean tones, and if possible, I want a middle pickup that doesnt hum!

Using the JB, my metal sound is like a AC/DC crunch. I'd like to make sure the Neck pup will be well suited for soloing with my not-so-crazy amount of distortion.

Thanks!!!

You guys rock, and so does Seymour Duncan!!!!!
    Last edited by Ammiel; 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM.

Re: Suggestions for my Hum/Sing/Hum

How about a JB Jr in the middle?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Wouldn't that be.. pointless as i have one in my bridge? What would you think of a Vintage Rails? I was thinking about it... since it has the clean I want. And about the JB Jr.... my JB at least seems to have too much treble for a great clean

by the way, I'm sorry if I'm being an ass
      Last edited by Ammiel; 07-18-2004, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I'd like something like a Vintage Flat in humbucker form... I think the Vintage Rails can accomplish that.. and if anyone would like to confirm it, that'd be nice.. I guess all I need to decide on is a neck pup

Comment

*bump* please help

Comment

hmm, well my suggestions for neck would be either Dimarzio's paf pro or Duncan's 59.
            as for the single in the middle i would say Lace Blue. Usually for single coils i would go lace, its almost noiseless and the tones from those pups are just great for me.
            you can check them out at www.agi-lace.com

hope this helps.
            1987 Ibanez RG550: Steve Special, SSL-2, Air Norton
            1999 Jackson PS6T-KE: Crazy 8
            Jackson KVX10: X2N
            1997 Epi Les Paul Slash: Virtual PAF, Hum From Hell
            Early 90's Yamaha RGZ621D: JB, Screamin' Demon
            http://fusionken.blogspot.com
            http://project-jeng.blogspot.com

Comment

Try this:
              Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Duncan Distortion in neck (everything else will be too soft in output?), Classic Stack Strat in middle?

I don't know, but the Vintage rails is 2k... the JB is 16k...

Forum members have advised that there are other factors to be considered so wait for their input.

Hope it helps.
              Bee
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

by the way, if i did put in a Vintage Rails should I be using 500k pots then?

Comment

Working...
                  X