A3 mag in a custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 mag in a custom

Anyone done this? I seem to remember someone did a while back and liked the result. Can you describe the sound? I'd like a PAF voiced pickup with a little more juice, like one of the customs, but kinda like a hybrid between a C5 and CC having more mids than the C5 but less than the mid-spike the CC has.

Also, where can I buy an A3 bar that I could directly swap out?

Re: A3 mag in a custom

I. CC=0-----------[20 ------C3-------- 35]-------...----100=C5
    II. www.ampge.com
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
      I. CC=0-----------[20 ------C3-------- 35]-------...----100=C5

Comment

Barlo means that the C3 sounds somewhere between a CC and C5, but closer to the CC. I just did the swap last weekend, and I agree with his description. Here are some of his clips:

Sound Clips and Playing Tips. Post Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing. Recording gear questions posted here.
        This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by MattPete
          Barlo means that the C3 sounds somewhere between a CC and C5, but closer to the CC. I just did the swap last weekend, and I agree with his description. Here are some of his clips:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...5&highlight=a3

TC,

I. What MattPete said.

II. Make sure to check MattPete's C4 clips as well once you start digging clips of customs with different magnets. There is a whole bunch of information down in the tips and clips section.

I guess we still are not that comfy with the search function of the new forum (the old one sucked in that regard).

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
          X