Custom Custom color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Custom color

I guess this is dumb but..... Anyone know what color the the CC is under the cover.
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: Custom Custom color

Probably black, next might be zebra, and more rare would be double creme.

Comment

I would say black or zebra... Does Seymour Duncan make a double cream CC?
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

You know you can check it for yourself.

Learnt it from John at BlackRose. And here it goes. To check the color of the screw bobin, unscrew (completely) one if the screw pieces in there. Then take a look. Now for the other (slug) coil, unscrew the gold plated screw at the bottom of the base plate (of course the one that is underneath the slug coil). If it is cream you'll see it. Gotta say that understanding the color of the sllug coil is a bit more tricky, and it helps if you have a HB with one cream bobin to train your eye.

B
        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

A lot of the pups I've come across under covers have been Zebra. Duncan's "official" position is that it's a random choice of getting any color. If you want one in a special color (read double cream), John at Blackrose and Lew always seem to have a few in stock. If not, they can place an order from the factory and usually get "lucky."
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
            If not, they can place an order from the factory and usually get "lucky."
            You really don't have to be THAT covert about it when you order.. I did the ordering for our shop a while back, and threw some double creams on the bill. I just told em "One double cream Custom Custom, cover unsoldered". And that's exactly how it came.

I didn't have to give 'em the secret access code or anything
            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Yeah I know....I just always get this little tinge about talking about double creams out in the open. I would never want to get SD in trouble in any way.

I even got my double cream APH II's with logo's on them. I know ordering with the cover protects the trademark thing...but I'm wierd I guess.

Besides, the secret code is "John Milner", if anyone needs it!
              My Sound Clips

Comment

It seems like I remember hearing a while back that Antiquities and Seth's were more likely to be double cream than other pickups.. anyone else hear that? (or am I talking out my @ss again )
                -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

You are correct....your ass is not speaking this time...
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

I think the color that comes under the covers is random. When I got my SH-55 set the neck model was black and the bridge was zebra.
                    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                    X