Difference Between JB And INVADER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference Between JB And INVADER?

Hello, I just ordered a Fender American Standard Strat and plan to upgrade the stock pickups to Seymour Duncans. I am going with at HH pickup set rather than a HSS pickup setup. I have already purchased the pickups but since the guitar I have ordered hasnt arrived yet I have decided to get some feedback from anyone who has had experience with both the JB and the Invader Humbuckers. The more I look through this forum the more I notice that the JB seems to be more popular than the Invader. I've had alot of experience with the Invader and am aware of what its capable of, however, I have never had any experience with the JB. I still have time to take the Invader back and exchange it for the JB if needed, so any feedback anyone can give would be much appreciated. Thanks. ROCK ON!!
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 07-19-2004, 01:46 PM.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Re: Difference Between JB And INVADER?

hmm, invader has big bottom while JB is the opposite and has lots of treble.
    JB would be brighter sounding, its more of a high treble migh mids pup plus some might even say thin, but gives a better crunch than the invader.
    as for the invader its more if a bass and mid heavy pup so the sound almos tthe exact opposite IMO.
    1987 Ibanez RG550: Steve Special, SSL-2, Air Norton
    1999 Jackson PS6T-KE: Crazy 8
    Jackson KVX10: X2N
    1997 Epi Les Paul Slash: Virtual PAF, Hum From Hell
    Early 90's Yamaha RGZ621D: JB, Screamin' Demon
    http://fusionken.blogspot.com
    http://project-jeng.blogspot.com

Comment

The Invader is really magnetic, which makes its great if you are doing finger tapping and stuff. The chunky low-end of the Invader is great for metal, the JB is definitely more versatile. It all depends on what type of music you want to play though. I own both of them and they are definitely some of my faves in the Duncan line.

Comment

What are you playing (style)? And what's it paired with?
        Last edited by dd12939; 07-20-2004, 01:41 AM.

Comment

i play some alternative rock and some heavier stuff... im not sure id call the heavier stuff i play metal though. I am starting to wanna learn some lead guitar soon to. i think a more trebly pickup is what i want now. My taste in tone has changed significantly over the last few years. i used to want bassy sound which is why i had the invader for a bit but now im lookin for something that is a good all around pickup with not as much bass and more treble and mid.
          Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 07-21-2004, 05:10 PM.
          Roland Cube 60
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.

Comment

it is paired with a SD 59' Neck pickup
            Roland Cube 60
            Mogami Cables
            Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Working...
            X