banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still desperate with the bridge position of Gibson Explorer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still desperate with the bridge position of Gibson Explorer!

What about a mid-bbost, as it is used for single-coils? I like the Jazz neck and the '59B, only sometimes i'd like to have more...
    Pickups... the final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
    Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

ahh but which one?
      i tried the musictech one and didnt really like it at all. the torres kits arent boosters at all (no battery, no boost). i have the fender clapton one and i love it but i dont think they sell it any more by itself.
      maybe the emg spc?

Comment

Just thought about a possibility to make the pickups fatter, when desired. I don't have any experience. Once i ordered an EMG electronic for active humbuckers to emulate
        a single-coil tone. It was simply a cheap mini-switch with a cap, value 3 €, nothin more. And this was meant to cost 25€!
        Maybe i should use another amp... Since it got broken and then repaired, it doesn't seem to be the same...
        When i like a setup, then next day i don't like and have the impression "That's not what i heard yesterday"...
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
        X