banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you say the differences are between a JB and C5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say the differences are between a JB and C5?

I know these are different, but just how different are they?

Reason i ask is that i'll probably get a CC for my les paul and might in future change magnets to make it a C5...and a pickup i love and might get for it eventually as well is the JB.
    My Soundclick page.

Re: What would you say the differences are between a JB and C5?

The C5 has more lows than the JB, but it lack in the mids. It has a more open quality that some people like. I found that the JB is abetter lead pickup (due to the spike in the upper mids) and the C5 is a better rythm pickup (more lows, scooped midgrange). They are two very different beasts.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

they are very different beasts thats for sure. like benjy said, the jb has a lot of upper mids while the c5 has much less upper mid and more low mid and bottom. they are quiet different pups, im sure someone has a clip of it some where.
      the c5 has a similar eq curve to the 59 - good top, pulled back clean mids and bigger bottom, while the jb has a curve thats probably most like the pg - warmer top with strong upper mids and less pronounced bottom

Comment

Yes, if your thinking about a CC, the C5 is not for you IMHO. Good for rythm but not leads. A JB would be better.
        "Play like a Champion"
        PRS DGT, Fender Tele and Strat
        Marshall JTM45 w/ Creambacks
        Fav SD Pups C5, Jazz, PG's, 59's

Comment

Working...
        X